Thursday 16 April 2009

Where do I place my car seat?

Today, I felt so embarrassed when my colleague told me NOT to place the car seat in the front seat of my car and asked me to dismantle the passenger air bag if I need to place the car seat in front. :P Although I knew it long ago, we just got used to it as my husband used to drive proton car where we always placed the car seat in the front seat. Now that we changed to Honda, we have forgotten to relocate the car seat. I got to change it today to avoid being known as neglected mom.

Here are the Car Seat Safety Guidelines (US)
1. The back seat is the safest place for children under 12 to ride.
2. Never place a child in the front seat of a car or a truck that has a passenger air bag.
3. If a child is old enough to use an adult seatbelt and must ride in the front seat, secure the child correctly in the lap and shoulder seatbelt and move the front seat as far back as you can from the dashboard.

No comments: