Tuesday 18 December 2007

My Arrival


Two days later on 3 Oct, I suffered contraction pain every 10 minutes in the morning. But, the contraction stopped completely after I woke-up. Nevertheless, there was doctor appointment in the morning. After the doctor examination, my cervix was already opened 3cm. Wow, good news good news. However, doctor said I still couldn’t deliver yet and gave me a choice – induced in the same evening or wait for another day.

I decided to wait for another day. I went home and took a nap in the afternoon. Contraction started again and at more regular interval-every 5 minutes. I still hesitated if it was time to deliver. Called doctor and doctor advised to admit immediately. Enduring the contraction pain, I took a hot shower and washed hair. When I reached the emergency unit around 5pm, a nurse sent me straight to labour ward. A nurse checked my cervix and it was opened 4cm. Doctor came around 7pm and told me that my cervix was already opened 6cm. I was also told that it takes about an hour for 1cm dilation. At first, I could still enjoy my light dinner. When it was around 9pm, I couldn’t withstand the lower back pain and asked for a pain killer. Then, I became drowsy. But the pain grew stronger around midnight and I sucked hydrogen gas to relieve pain. When I feel like pass motion, I called for nurse that I was ready to deliver. However, the nurse told me to hold back and no pushing. After few minutes, I couldn’t stand it and asked for doctor. Then, doctor came. He wore a gown like a rain coat, plastic mask and a “Phua Chew Kang” boots. Nurses pushed down the lower part of the bed and set-up bars for me to hold on. I was holding on to two bars and pulled my body up. My legs were wide opened and my feet were pressed hard on the side of bed. The midwife and nurses told me to lift myself up and took a deep breath and hold on and push like pass motion. My face turned red on each push and I felt v tired. After several attempts for about half an hour, my mission failed. Doctor decided to use vacuum to suck him out. When he arrived at around 1am, I could feel him gushing out with lots of water. My husband cut his umbilical cord. The doctor placed him on my laps. He cried v softly. He made eating sound “chup chup”. He might be too hungry over the long wait. He weighed 8.8 lbs and 52cm tall. The midwife was so excited and called him Fat Boy.

No comments: